In January, we got a spell of semi-decent weather and the kids took to riding their bikes on the walk-ways around our apartment. I thought the pictures were cute!
Becca is still having a hard time learning to ride her bike without training wheels. It scares her too much. We'll just leave them on for now. (:
Aaron loves being outside. He always begs me to take him out, and has even broken down in tears a few times if I tell him no. That is hard for a mom to resist! I need to be better about dropping what I'm doing and go out with him. He still needs the supervision with no fences and lots of apartment buildings.
We celebrated Gracey's 8th birthday in January and then in February, she got to be baptized! Our oldest child! I can't believe she is that old!
She was baptized by her father and it was a very special event for her. She says that she felt the Spirit letting her know that she was making the right choice. We were proud of her for making that decision to be part of Jesus Christ's church and to covenant to be obedient. We know that it will bring her happiness in her life if she will stay on that path.
Gracey and our whole family were especially happy that Grandma, Grandpa Redd, Emma, Jonathan, and Anna & Grandma and Grandpa Smyth got to come to her baptism. It was a special day for her and all of us.
I couldn't resist throwing this one in! What a big grin! Another huge milestone was that in March, Aaron was potty trained. The first five days were the hardest (I didn't use pull ups except to go anywhere outside of our home for a few weeks- I suppose I do it the hard way), and I have to say that being pregnant didn't help. Potty training is hard work and left me utterly exhausted. But, after those five days, it suddenly clicked with him and he had very few accidents after that. I was so glad to get totally out of diapers well before this next one comes!
In March, we took a trip to the arboretum that we have so close to our house. It was good to get out in the sunshine, even if it was a little chilly! The kids had fun on our little hike and got to see some geese and a turtle in the pond.
It really was beautiful, even with half the trees missing their foliage.
It was around this time that we found out that we were expecting a boy. The due date was moved up from the 17th of August to the 6th. That was good news! Gracey was a little disappointed about the girls being outnumbered now, but the boys are so excited to get another brother! Aaron will get a little buddy!
3 comments:
I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They are so cute! Congrats on the potty training! We are still working on that. I think after we move it will go better. Congrats to Gracey! What a wonderful step in her life! I love Aaron's cake it's awesome!
Sarah, you make awesome birthday cakes. How did you make the backhoe loader? Jonathan would love that for his birthday! Congratulations, also on the potty training. I just finished with Jonathan and it was an emotional few days for me...I'm pretty sure I broke down crying all three days it took. I'm glad I was told about a website (3DayPottyTraining.com)...it helped a whole lot!!
mmmmmmmmm gracey 8 years old I think on top of our usual bed time fun tonight you are old enough for anal, going to love c-mming in that sweet tight tight bum and watch it run out
Post a Comment