Sunday, July 11, 2010

2010 Six-month Update Continued...

Becca's Birthday


Next comes Becca's birthday (April) with her birthday cake and big smile!
She had a fun birthday! She was queen of the day. I loved making this cake!


Posing in her new dress up dress that Mom made
and new dress up shoes. She loves to dress up!

Here's all the kids together. I love it when they act like they love each other! I guess it makes up for the other days! We went out to McDonald's afterward for dinner. We rarely eat out (with the kids, like once a year) so it made for a special treat! They were very excited.


All the kids hanging out in Becca's birthday gift from Grandma and Grandpa Redd!
They love to get it out and play in it.

May was busy with wrapping up school which got out the first part of June. Becca was pretty excited because we did her kindergarten registration and got to see her classroom for next school year. Gracey and Nathan were excited for all the fun end of school activities and to get out of school for the summer.

The first part of June, we took the kids to a special event at the Appaloosa Museum here in town and they got to have some pony rides, dress up as cowboys, and learned to lasso. We also went to see the bears they have on a reserve in Pullman. We got some pictures on Spencer's phone, but I'll have to post them later.

We have also gone to different parks lots this summer and had a few picnics. The kids had swim lessons starting half-way through June and they all did very well, moving up to the next level.

Then, Spencer and I went on a day trip for our 10th anniversary in June.
We went to Coeur d'Alene. The lake was beautiful and it was a nice day,
not too hot and not too cold.


We had to do something not too rigorous or physical for my sake,
so we decided to take a little lake cruise. This is me and my round belly on the dock.


Here is Spencer at the lower railing.

The ship (or boat whatever you call it!) is in the background here.
Afterward, we went out to dinner, of course!
We had a fun day together without any kids! Sometimes you have to do that!
Ten years has gone by so fast and we've been very happy together.
It's amazing how much love can grow over time and through so many experiences together. Spencer and I truly are best friends.


Just to wrap it up, recently I caught this precious moment on a Sunday afternoon, when some of us were feeling drowsy! I thought it was a great picture!

All in all, I'd have to say we have truly been blessed despite any small challenges. We aren't very exciting people. We don't travel much or do anything too exciting, but we've had a happy six months so far.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

It's great to have an update. Good luck with the baby! I hope that everything goes well!

Joni and Chase said...

It was so good to hear what you have been up to! The kids are growing up so fast and we really miss them! Sarah! You amaze me with how creative you are! Those cakes are awesome! You should give me some lessons =) We sure hope the pregnancy goes well. We think of you often! Loves, Joni

Heather said...

Thanks for an update. Your kids are growing so fast. And congrats on 10 years together!

Reid Family said...

I agree with Joni! Love the cakes! You are such a cute pregnant lady :) Glad things are going well!

Evelyn @ Hanging by a Silver Lining said...

It's great to see how you are doing! I think about you often. Looks like you are busy even if you don't think you are exciting! Cute cakes! Cute kids! Cute belly! Good luck in August!!

Cakes4U said...

It's fun to see your cute family and share in some fun milestones. Good luck with all the new baby stuff. We love you guys!

Camie Marie said...

This is Carli Seals sister. She sent me over here to look at your cakes. Amazing. Would you mind telling me how you made the little panels on the crown cake? It's driving me a little bonkers. ;)