Having a great time!
Spencer has been practicing catching and throwing with Nathan and a little with Gracey. I'm glad he's been able to do a lot more with the kids this summer. We got a new soccer ball too and he and the kids kick it around. The kids get such a 'kick' out of him kicking the ball really high up in the air. Well, needless to say, we lost the new soccer ball, (don't worry it was cheap) in the tall (tall as me) grass at the edge of the above park. The kids wouldn't let Spencer live it down since we had just gotten it, and after searching for it for a long while and getting everyone especially itchy and sneezy, (Spencer in particular because of allergies) we just decided to go to Wal-mart and get another one. Oh well, live and learn.
Gracey and I had an afternoon out and got our hair cut. She had 10 inches cut off and sent it in for Locks of Love. Doesn't she look cute with her new do!
Nathan is such a sweet boy. He tries hard to be extra kind to the other kids and frequently gives up something to stop some sibling from whining or someone who is having a hard time. He is affectionate and he tries hard to be a good boy. We are so happy to have him in our family! Happy Birthday Nathan!
Blow the candles out my dear and make your wish come true!
(Bit of trivia: What Disney movie is that from?)
I have had so many contractions this last few days, and a few days ago, even a couple of hours of consistent 5 min. contractions that I mistook for labor. All this is doing is making me all the more impatient! More and more uncomfortable and irritable! Even more so than the last four. I can tell I'm getting older and more worn down with each kid. The "false" labor threw me into a flurry of activity afterward and in the last two days (Friday and Saturday) I made this blanket (above). That is some kind of record for me! Usually, I have a lot of unfinished projects I'm working on. It matches the bumper I made for the crib when Aaron was little. I didn't even get to use it much with him, because he was about 6 months when I finished it. The picture makes it seem brighter than it is. In reality it is softer pastel colors and a Winnie the Pooh theme, with a satin blanket binding. I am finished with both thank goodness and the house is mostly clean. I'm ready for this baby to come! Hopefully, in a couple days, Spencer can put up a post saying that our baby boy is here!
3 comments:
It's so fun to see what you guys are doing even with you so far away. It looks like Moscow is very family oriented. Good luck with the baby! I can't wait to see pictures of him.
The kids are so cute and growing up so fast! I hope you have the baby soon! Good job on the blanket by the way =) Tell Gracey her hair is cute too! We love you guys and miss you!
no kidding gracey looks cute, I just want to get her naked realllly bad
Post a Comment