The kids had a lot of fun on Halloween season, I say season because there were a lot of events. A lot to keep up with and get on the costumes every time. I can see why so many people just buy a costume that's easy for kids to just slip into instead of make them and get them all glitzed up everytime. Well, I can never justify in my head paying a lot of money for a costume (not that I could afford it anyway for four kids). I guess I'm just cheap, so I just usually make do with whatever I have...

So we had a mouse, a cat, a pirate and a gypsy.
They all liked their costumes, that's what matters!

Aaron was trying to get away.
He always wants to 'see' the picture before I've even taken it!

Gracey, the gypsy lady

The mouse

He kept wanting to take his hood off through the night.

Nathan, the pirate. His shirt was an old Sunday shirt which he had made ideal for this costume and not for church by taking some scissors to it one Sunday afternoon and getting creative with his shirt instead of paper! ei. some nice slits. Oh well, it did get some use still as a costume! Recycle!

Becca, the kitty cat!

A week before Halloween, we went to a Halloween carnival at our church building. They had so many fun activities. It was so much better than a trunk-or-treat! The kids really liked it.

Here's fishing for doughnuts. Becca helping Dad.

Gracey helping Nathan. He couldn't get that doughnut in his mouth. He only managed a small bite and had tons of sugar on his face after several minutes. At least he tried!

This is the little costume parade.
Then, the kids went to a Halloween party the Friday before and then we had our own Halloween fun on Halloween night. We played some games with the kids and had a snack sort of dinner with a lot of things the kids liked. It didn't last long, because Spencer and I had the adult session of Stake conference to go to. It was sort of funny that it was on Halloween. But it was still great to get out of the house together. We rarely get that!
1 comment:
WOw! Just looking at these pictures makes me get teary eyed. I sure do miss my little nieces and nephews. They are growing up soo fast. I feel like I am missing a lot! I love you all so much!!
Post a Comment