
Well, I'm not normally one to encourage anyone see a particular movie, but I'm going to make an exception. For those of you who are unaware, there is a wonderful new movie out that is well worth your time to see. It is called Fireproof and is made by the same group who produced Facing the Giants. If you've never heard of either of these movies, you should see them. They are some of the most uplifting movies I have seen in a long time. Usually when I watch a movie, I wonder if there wasn't something better I could have been doing...that wasn't the case with either of these. In fact, I haven't talked to anyone who hasn't felt the same way after they watched them. Anyway, I just wanted to make people aware of these wonderful movies in case they had never heard of them.
3 comments:
I like the new background on your blog.
Wasn't Fireproof a fabulous movie - it even made Jeremy cry - he even went and cleaned the kitchen after the movie was over. Actually Jeremy is better at serving me than I him - I need to find more ways to be mindful of him.
I thought this was a great movie. I watched it when it was, briefly, at the movie theater - so it's been awhile. So many great lessons to learn. When Caleb asks his dad "How am I supposed to show love to somebody over and over and over who constantly rejects me?" the camera suddenly pans to his dad standing by a cross and it is a beautiful revelation. There are few movies that are wholesome and can teach Christlike principles. So far, I am a fan of Sherwood Pictures films. I wish there were more movies like this one.
I will have to check them out! It was so good to see you and your family! Hopefully it won't be too long before we can chat again!
Post a Comment