Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking The Time

Technically it's Sarah's turn to post a blog. However, I being the impatient one, have decided to preempt her and post something. My children have been on my mind quite a bit lately. My thoughts have been ranging from how blessed I am to have them to the reality that they grow and change so quickly. As such, I have felt a deepened desire to be more involved with them now rather than waiting until another time when I feel less busy (I doubt it will ever happen). Below I have posted some pictures that illustrate both how quickly they change and the kinds of moments I sometimes miss because I have been "too busy" to take the time.





This is a picture of Nathan



This is Aaron last summer




Notice that the top of Becca's sleeper is on right, but the bottom is twisted around. The funny thing is that Gracey helped her get dressed.


This is a picture of Nathan and Becca






If you can't tell which one this is...it's Gracey.


This is a picture of Gracey and Nathan


This is Gracey's Kindergarten picture.


This is a recent photo of Aaron



5 comments:

K Lind said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the one of Nathan asleep on the potty with his boots on! Too cute!
- Kjerstin Lind

Jenni Taysom said...

I'm glad you posted more pictures. It's hard only getting to see you guys once a year - things change so much. Aaron is growing up so much. Cute kids.

Anonymous said...

Hey Smyth family. This is Stephanie Godfrey from your old ward before we split. I saw your blog from Lind's. Your family is so cute. I just wanted to say hi and leave a comment so you weren't wondering who in the world is looking at your blog. We have a private blog, if you want to send e-mail me your e-mail I'll add you to my list. Hope all is good.
love,
Steph
stephzmbb@hotmail.com

K Lind said...

Lovin' the blog facelift!

Brian and Emily said...

I love this post! It is so true how quickly these precious children grow up, and we have to make the most of every moment with them! I have been wishing that I could just freeze time, some days! You guys have such a beautiful family. Only a month to go and we'll be Canada bound!