Around our house our children are constantly telling us all kinds of things. They seem to have no reservation whatsoever around us. We have noticed, however, around many of you they are as quiet as church mice. So, we thought it would be fun to have each of the kids tell us a thing or two that they would like us to post.
Gracey says: "I like my birthday and all the presents I got. I like spending time with my grandma and grandpa and my mom and dad. When I grow up I want to be a missionary and a mom." I had a lot of fun last weekend spending time with my family and playing with Nathan. I like spring and summer and wish it was spring now."
Translation: I loved getting presents on my birthday so much that I am constantly dropping hints to anyone who will listen to get me just one more...please. While I do want to be a mom when I grow up, I admitted to my mom the other day that it is hard work...it must be with kids like us. I did have fun with my family last weekend... in between all the times I got into trouble for fighting with Nathan. I do love spring and summer...especially since mom and dad make me go outside and play even though its cold outside.
Nathan says: I spend lots of time playing. I help mom with the baby when he's crying. I love to play with Gracey every day. I love to go to bed. I love to play with Aaron. I love Christmas. I love books.
Translation: Playing is lots of fun...as long as mom doesn't check up on me too often. I do like to help mom with the baby when he's crying...only I usually don't tell mom that I'm the one who made him cry. Playing with Gracey is fun...except when she makes me mad; then I tell her I'm never playing with her again. I love to go to bed...except when it's bedtime, nap time, or anytime mommy and daddy asks me to. I love to play with Aaron...only he usually cries when I do. I love Christmas...why can't we have it more often? I love books...except when I have to pick them up.
Becca says: I love to play with my dolly. I like to get dressed in dress-ups. I love to have a naps. I love to play with Nathan. I love to go on dates with daddy. I like to play with Gracey. I like to snuggle in my blankey. I love to see the temple. I like to go with mom and my grandmas. I like it when my aunt Anna plays with me. I love to eat popcorn. I love to drink milk.
Translation: Playing with my dolly is pretty good...since mom and dad won't let Aaron be my dolly. Dress-ups are a lot of fun...they make me look glamorous. I love to have naps...okay, the truth is that I need to have a nap because I am no longer adorable when I 'm tired. I love to play with Nathan...sort of. I love to go on dates with daddy...I have him wrapped around my little finger and he buys me what I want. I like to play with Gracey...well, more than I like to play with Nathan, but not as much as I like to play with my dolly. I like to snuggle with my blankey...okay, okay...I'm addicted to my blankey and don't you dare try to take it from me. I love to see the temple...well, I think Nathan does since he told me to say it. I love to go with mom and my grandmas...but not at the same time or I won't get enough attention. I like it when my aunt Anna plays with me...especially when she gives me candy. I love to eat popcorn...because I'm eating some right now. I love to drink milk...the popcorn makes me thirsty.
Aaron says: Ba ba. Ga ga. Da da da. Na na na na. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Translation: I gotta touch that computer! If I could only get it into my mouth. Man, I'm going to go crazy if I can't start pushing all those buttons. Come on mom, just let me go so I can play with Dad's computer! Crying now.
Disclaimer: The author took some personal liberties with the translations that may not be true in every case...but they're fun to read.
3 comments:
That was cute & very funny. I enjoyed that! Miss you all.
Very true - I think the translation was quite accurate. It's nice to know that kids mostly only remember the good things and not the bad things. It's nice to know that your kids are normal and fight, Susan thinks your kids are angels, especially compared to mine.
I loved the comments! Thanks for letting me know about this site. Your family is getting so big and beautiful! I hope I can see them soon!
Post a Comment